All Saints ChurchYe Olde Bakers Arms

The building which dates from 1485, was originally built to house the craftsment working on the All Saints Church and subsequently found use as the Church hostel. The hostel was later converted into cottages until the mid-19th Century when Ye Olde Bakers Arms was first licensed.

The Old Bakery

The Bakery was installed in the 1850’s, being last used in the 1920’s, when it was still possible for villagers to cook their Sunday dinners in the hot ovens for 1/2d.

The renovation, carried out by Hamden Hosts and R.E. Bates & Son in 1985, included the restoration of the Bakery area and the original Victorian wording on the exterior of this fine old building.

Today

After 800 years of history, the restored bakery is being used as an ideal venue for small meetings and/or private functions. It accommodates up to 12 adults and features the original ovens, tools, character and the history of the bakery.

For more information contact the pub directly.